IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THIS ONLINE PROMOTION (THE “PROMOTION”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND, SIGNING UP TO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES, OR SIGNING UP TO VOLUNTEER IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
- Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT, FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION, OR SIGNING UP TO VOLUNTEER WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS OR WHO RESIDE IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, LABOR ORGANIZATIONS OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND DWIGHT EVANS FOR CONGRESS (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliates, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor and its related committees, candidate(s), affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Periods. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. (all times Eastern Standard Time) on August 29, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on August 31, 2016. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
- Prizes. One (1) winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”):
A special invitation for winner and one (1) guest to attend a dinner at a local restaurant in the Philadelphia region where they will meet Dwight Evans. Approximate retail value of Prizes: $200.
Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, dinner location, other Prize logistics and details. Winner and his or her guest are responsible for ground transportation to and from the dinner, all other meals and all other expenses that winner and his or her guest incur in connection with the Prize. Sponsor will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, attendees, and all other relevant details of the prize.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER(S). All prizes will be awarded. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if any requested winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 11 and 12 below) are not promptly returned after being sent to a winner or if two (2) attempts to contact a winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute another trip, event, or any other prize of equal or greater value for any prize in its sole discretion.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, without signing up to receive texts messages, donating, or volunteering, visit here or other domain name designated by Sponsor and complete and submit an online entry form during the Promotion Period.
(b) Contribution Method: We are asking for a donation of up to $2,700 from individuals per election to Dwight Evans for Congress. Contributions in any amount from corporations, labor organizations, national banks, federal contractors, and foreign nationals are prohibited. To enter by contributing money to Sponsor, complete and submit the contribution form here during the Promotion Period. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter. Entering via the contribution method will not increase your chances of winning. Only those individuals legally permitted to contribute to Sponsor may enter via the Contribution Method.
For All Entry Methods: Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of contribution or online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on Sponsor’s e-mail mailing list.
- Promotion Rules. Fifty (50) potential winners will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period to be held at Dwight Evans Headquarters no later than September 10, 2016. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving any prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that awarding any prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, then select one winner from the list of eligible potential winners from the Promotion Period on the basis of criteria determined and applied by Sponsor to provide for an appropriate range of views, backgrounds, and interests among the winners selected. The winner will be notified by phone or e-mail by September 15, 2016. To claim the prize, each winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his/her notification. Winner must then identify potential guest to Sponsor, and Sponsor may, at its option, conduct the same background check and process applicable to potential winners. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential guest in its sole discretion. In the event that not enough potential winners respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award all prizes, Sponsor may select additional potential winners by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner consents to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after September 15, 2016 and before November 2, 2016. Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Dinner with Dwight Evans Contest Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit here or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Dinner with Dwight Evans Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 by Dwight Evans for Congress. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Pennsylvania without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn:Dinner with Dwight Evans Contest Questions.
- Sponsor: Dwight Evans for Congress, PO Box 6578 Philadelphia, PA 19138